Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Good news about the warm weather; 7 chicks are now outside!

This wacky weather has a few upsides. My first 7 chicks from this year are now living outside but confined to a chicken coop to protect them from the older chickens. So far the new kids are adjusting well but I am having to do a little premature Easter Egg hunt. (The chicken coop has a couple of nesting boxes inside and with the little ones closed inside, the older girls are on the outside looking in and have to find new places to lay!) Now I only have 14 in the house. No, I am not a hoarder but rather a protecter of the babies. Four Black Link Pullets are in one cage and can probably go outside in the next couple of weeks, weather permitting, and ten "Rainbow Layers" aka 'caunas' are in a separate cage and will probably have to remain inside (in a cage) for a month or so as they are so tiny still:) If I can get them to pose, I will pose more pics next week. They are too cute but messy so I can't wait to relocate them outdoors...

No comments:

Post a Comment