Monday, April 23, 2012

Dogs are Man's Best Friend but not always Each Other's

Even though dogs are 'fixed', females can sometimes act like they are in heat. This happened about 10 days ago and turned into a scary situation (all is well now). My tiniest rescue is Delila who is so little that I actually put her on a tie-out in the back yard since she can fit through one of the gates. Well, my cavalier Daisy started playing around with Sampson and Delila, and then got an attitude with Delila. Daisy began getting rough with Delila who happened to be on a chain and could not get away. Then Dutchess (mastiff mix) wanted to join in and I had to pull Delila to safety. She (Delila) was shaking and bitten but not hurt too badly. It was hard to watch but unfortunately these things can and do happen. The good news is that everyone is okay and getting along now. Maybe it's the weather??? I wish people could recover from their fights so easily!

No comments:

Post a Comment