Friday, September 14, 2012

Alpacas grateful that the heatwave is over:)

Well the girls and boys have survived this wonderful (not) summer.  I was trying to capture pictures of them doing entertaining things but as people tend to do when they are baking in the outdoor sauna, they would look at me like I had two heads.  Feeling like I had two heads and sweat dripping in the camera lens, I did not get many pictures.  Good news is that with their 'hair cuts', constant running of fans, and hosing daily, we all survived.  They got their toes cut, worming shots, and a clean bill of health so life for them is good.  Now that the weather is cooling off a bit, they are getting 'frisky' and boy o boy the boys want to get to the girls.  Thank goodness my fencing is good!  There is actually an 'extra' paddock between them just in case.  The deer and coyotes are starting to move more with the weather changing but these critters are my best alarms.  I just look where they are looking when they start their whinnies and if necessary aim accordingly. 
At least they aren't whinnie-ing at the kitty any more.  I guess she has their seal of approval.  While the Alpacas don't seem to chase kitty, they do get into 'moods' where chickens they see every day and even ones who roost in with them, will all of a sudden seem to annoy the you-know-what out of them and the 'pacas' will chase them relentlessly.  Go figure.  Teenage syndrome, PMS, ??? Funny to watch though:)

No comments:

Post a Comment