Saturday, June 23, 2012

Mad Catter

Not sure but think I may have a permanent 'property cat'.  There has been a momma cat and kittens on my property for a couple of months.  The kittens aren't nursing any more but Momma cat and the 2-3 babies were starting to chase my newer chickens.  I set a trap and caught one of 'them'.  After checking to make sure it wasn't a nursing mother cat, I fed it, talked to my vet and other locals to see if anyone wanted a 'barn cat', but the vet was full, and since this is a female cat, I feel bad but released it back at the edge of my property.  It didn't seem fair to dump her somewhere else but if she goes after my chickens, it won't be good for her.  I fed and watered her while she was in the trap (humane live trap and probably kept her safer than she would be in the 'outdoors').  The good news is that I haven't seen the other I am assuming related felines since.  Please pray that she is a good mouser and leaves my chickens alone...

1 comment:

  1. I hate when people let cats out for someone else to worry about. I hope she helps you out. :-) I'm following you from mombloggersclub!

    ReplyDelete