Saturday, June 23, 2012

Mighty Mo and the Mole

Mo and Daisy went to the vet today to get their shots.  They also got their nails trimmed and Daisy got an 'ear cut'.  She is such a baby when it comes to being poked or prodded.  Colleen and I can try to hold her still to trim her nails or matts in her ears but she gets so upset that we really can't (translation (I can't) stand it).  I wish I was a dog groomer since mine (for my Cavaliers) is always sooo booked it is hard to schedule and I have grass, not concrete, which doesn't help.  Poor girl Daisy was trying to scratch her ear and got her nail caught in an ear matt and wound up with her back leg caught up and walking really funny for a few minutes until I could untangle her.  Hence she and Mo will be getting dental work done and then going straight to the groomers (another one with more openings).  Mo turned 7 on June 15 and Daisy will be 7 on July 4 (true firecracker).  If older dogs get too much tartar, bacteria can get into their system and cause heart and other organ damage so it is definitely worth it, they deserve it:)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday!
    I love it that you are attempting to "Be the Change in the World". (Gandi) sp?

    ReplyDelete